On July 10, 2010, the Aaron Chang Ocean Art Gallery opened its flagship location at 415 South Cedros Avenue in the heart of the Solana Beach Design District. Founded by award-winning, internationally acclaimed local artist Aaron Chang, the gallery has drawn locals and visitors alike. “I love Solana Beach,” states Chang. “We opened our first gallery at a very precarious economic time, and we depended on our community to get us up and running. The love and support we have received from North County residents over the years far exceeds anything I could have hoped for. When I’m not shooting or traveling, I truly love to be here!“
The Solana Beach gallery features Aaron’s large format photographic prints with surf and ocean themes alongside several striking surfboard sculptures. All of the work is available in custom sizes to transform the character of any commercial or residential space.
The gallery seeks to be an active member of the community and often hosts events for charities such as World Vision and Plant with Purpose, international humanitarian organizations dedicated to improving the quality of life in impoverished communities.
For the past 11 years running, Aaron Chang Ocean Art gallery was voted “Best Gallery” or “Best Artist” by local San Diegans in Ranch and Coast Magazine. Additionally his gallery was voted “Best Gallery” by San Diego Magazine for two years and has been selected to be the “Ambassador of the Arts” by the San Diego Tourism Board since 2014.
Also noteworthy, Aaron is the “Artist in Residence” at the New Alila Marea Beach Resort in Encinitas, California, where his large installations and Artist’s Wall are featured throughout the hotel.
Directions from the south:
– If you’re coming from downtown San Diego or south of Solana Beach
– Take I-5 North and exit Via De La Valle
– Then make a left turn on Via De La Valle
– Turn right onto S Cedros Ave
Directions from the north:
– If you’re coming from Oceanside or another area north of Solana Beach
– Take I-5 South and exit Loma Santa Fe
– Turn right on Loma Santa Fe
– Then make a left onto S Cedros Ave.
Directions from the east:
– If you’re coming from Escondido or another area to the east of Solana Beach
– take W Valley Pkwy to Via De La Valle (signs for Del Mar)
– then a right onto S. Cedros Ave
For information about Aaron’s other gallery, please visit our Carmel by the Sea Fine Art Gallery page.